Friday 14 June 2013

Rock Hopping at camp

WALT choose words that describe a moment (in an exciting way) for the reader
YOUR SIGNS OF SUCCESS
  • begins in the action
  • present tense (I am, not I was)
  • short, sharp sentences
  • strong verbs
  • language features (simile, alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphor, senses)
  • show personality (sounds like you, humour, feelings, exaggeration)


Camp day one


Hopping around on rocks surrounding Lake Kiriopukae is so much fun at Camp Kaitawa. We are hopping around on rocks around the lake. There are lots of small ones that we can do ourselves and there are big ones that the parents  help us with. Then we come to a big rock. I am a bit of a daredevil so I climb up it. It wasn't scary at all, it was a little steep. Bridgit starts you off and then Mrs H met you in the middle and helps you get up a bit where you have to stretch your leg up a long way and you slide if you're not careful. When you get up to the top Anthony helps you up the last bit.  There are some holes in the rock and I could grab onto them. I like a challenge so when Anthony asks did I want to lean back? Of course I said yes I love doing that type of stuff. I yell to my mum to get the camera out (she is Bridgit). I am up to the top leaning back as much as I can then looking down at my mum thinking I am crazy. Well I sorta am, I went up that rock 4 times. It was awesome! I jump on to a smaller rock.  It is not as big as the other one but it is still challenging. Miss Patel is on this one. I start climbing and it has some bits to hold onto. I do a quick scan I and choose which rocks to hold onto. I am up on that rock in a second. I just need a path and then I am up. I try the harder path. I run and grab as the same before. I am up there in seconds! Miss Patel helps me at the end bit, then the whistle goes and it is time to go back to camp.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome Bree!
    I love all your writing!
    I really like how you said that you are a daredevil.
    Well done:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soo descriptive and you have done excellent in your criteria ( W.A.L.T).
    The one thing you could maybe improve on next time is you only sometimes had some double ups with your words.
    Sounds like it was a fab camp!
    My name is Molly and I am a year 6 at Frimley school...
    You sound quite a bit like me-I'll try any thing once !
    As well you sound adventurous so you could check out my blog to find some great book recommendations that you may like.
    Keep writing because your very good at it,
    Molly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...